Wednesday, November 24, 2010

fuel

New diet came out today. Goodbye apple dinner, hello real food.

If I'd thought about it I would have thought I'd be excited about that, but I'm not. Very first thought was to be annoyed at having to spend time making dinner again. The last few weeks the only meal I really had to do any work for was lunch. I guess this comes back to what my top problem has been through the whole project, time management.

I don't remember the last time I was really excited about a meal. Some people in PCP have blogged about this before, the concept of food just as fuel. I understand it, but I don't much care for it. It is convenient, but I like food. I like liking food. I guess this also comes down to a matter of balance. Have good meals, just have them sparingly and eat reasonably in between.

Speaking of good meals, Thanksgiving is tomorrow and I'm going to a friend's for dinner. I can justify it half a dozen ways, but I'm not going to.

Things are going great. Workouts are still long and boring (50 mins of cardio a day now?!?), but the results keep coming. Down 14 kilos at this point, I think the last time I weighed in at these levels I was just out of college.

1 comment:

  1. For me, the re-introduction of dinners brought back my sanity. Even if the quantities are small, I found it nice to mix in some different flavors and be able to sit down with my wife at the table and eat. The apple dinners definitely do their job though - sounds like you have seen some great results.

    ReplyDelete