Monday, October 4, 2010

lethargy

Had the first round of pain today. My right ankle hurts when I put weight on it, was walking with a slight limp all day. Got home and it seemed like such a good excuse not to work out. After a while of fighting with myself and the overwhelming desire to be lethargic I put on my shorts and my sneakers and headed down to workout.

Couldn't get into a decent jogging rhythm (turns out you can't limp through a jog) so just walked fast. By the end the ankle still hurt, but actually felt better than when I started. Hit the stairs then powered through the workout. Still can't find a good place to do incline pull ups, did pull downs instead. Got through everything except for Davincis where I couldn't quite get through the last few. As always I felt great at the end of the workout. Just keep on thinking about that and remembering that I'm not going to get stronger by talking about exercising, need to get out there and do it.

2 comments:

  1. Nice work dude, you gotta stick with it. I know how it feels to have that pain (my foot has been killing me recently) but you push thru, do the best you can with the reps, it'll just keep getting easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everytime you don't feel like doing the workout and you do it anyway you are becoming the man you want to be and leaving the weakness behind.

    ReplyDelete